Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: Assign Hulu (my channel) to quick launch button

Jump to solution

It was reported about a month ago that roku gets paid a $1 for each key, from each app per number remotes made. So $4 remote helps keep the prices down. The new firestick remotes will have those keys as well.

Edmund
Highlighted
ncoll202
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

I'm getting ready to purchase Roku. Can I choose which shortcut buttons I want on the little remote before my purchase?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

Sorry, but no. It will have netflix for sure, the only other key vudu  will be on remotes included with roku sold at walmart. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ncoll202
Level 7

Jump to solution

What if I purchase online through Roku.com?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

This is no way of knowing what keys are on remotes sold on roku.com, and they tell you that  up front. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
BLavins
Level 7

Jump to solution

It would be nice for older people to have a few more personalized buttons.  I am constantly having to show older ones how to use their remotes to switch between the channels that they use.  Typically around 5 or 6 channels.  Is there a place to give suggestions for future roku devices?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SH
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have Roku Ultra.  Can I buy the new programmable remote separately?  I have the "best" roku device and 3 worthless quick launch button on its remote.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dan991
Level 8

Jump to solution

The Roku Ultra I bought comes with a remote with 2 programmable buttons.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SH
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well the one I bought did not.  That's why I'm asking if I can buy a new remote instead of an entire system.  I'll never buy a new system for this reason, but maybe a new remote.  I'll definitely look more closely next time before purchasing a tech product with such little adaptability.  Makes me respect Roku a bit less and will be seeking other options in the future.  **bleep** you Roku for trying to influence my programming habits.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
karterkatt
Level 8

Jump to solution

It’s really not that serious... js