Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dan991
Level 8

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

My Roku Sound Bar comes with a remote.... Roku streamer is built in

Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

Someone yesterday was disappointed that they didn't get the remote with Disney+ key on it as it was pictured, maybe you can make her child happy by trading:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Remote-Different-than-Pictured-Amazon/m-p/535296#M...

Smiley Happy

Edmund
Highlighted
Dan991
Level 8

Jump to solution

Lol! I will never have a use for the ESPN+ button.... Smiley Wink

Highlighted
karterkatt
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well that sucks. I just bought yet another Roku w the preprogrammed channels and on the details pic before buying on amazon showed the remote to have Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu and Sling. I was like ok no problem. I’ll deal w the sling button since I always use the others. But now I have a remote w Netflix, Hulu, Sling and ESPN. Dude. I don’t watch espn. What a gip. Other than that LOVE Roku lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
karterkatt
Level 8

Jump to solution

Meeeee tooo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

For me on this Roku own upgrade page shows three remotes with Disney+ keys:

https://my.roku.com/upgrade/

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bnwbass
Level 7

Assign Hulu (my channel) to quick launch button

Jump to solution

Looking for a way to re-assign one of the quick launch buttons on the ultimate remote.  The hulu quick button already exist on the the remote and is useful to open Hulu and I actually use the button.

However, What I want to do is create a shortcut button for opening "my channels" directly this is a sub menu selection from Hulu "Live TV".  This will cut down 5 navigation steps to get to "my channels" Hulu.

Is this possible?

thx

Bw

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: Assign Hulu (my channel) to quick launch button

Jump to solution

@bnwbass 

Sorry but no. The quick launch buttons are not programmable at all. The newer ultra with extra 1 & 2 keys that can hold voice prompt might work, I can't say for sure if you can get further into an app like you want with those keys.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bnwbass
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku's vision for allowing users to make the system there own is short sided. The Roku team has the chops to make this customization if they chose, there must be more to it?  The remote is smart and the app should be developed to enable these buttons for other functions.  My two cents.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
blade_005
Level 13

Jump to solution

@bnwbass wrote:

The remote is smart and the app should be developed to enable these buttons for other functions.  My two cents.

As others have stated in the thread, Roku receives $1.00 per assigned button on the remote. $4 per remote to subsidize the cost of hardware trumps your $0.02.

TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos