Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Da1chozen
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution
I was trying to reply to the Roku team response.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

Did ever ask your tv manufacturer, dvd player manufacturer, or before that vcr manufacturer to change keys on their oem remotes included with equipment you purchased? Why should roku be the first to start something no other company ever did before?

0 Kudos
ryngard
Level 8

Jump to solution

"Did ever ask your tv manufacturer, dvd player manufacturer, or before that vcr manufacturer to change keys on their oem remotes included with equipment you purchased? Why should roku be the first to start something no other company ever did before?"

That is a totally different situation. They don't preprogram in apps that they then may discontinue, leaving you with useless buttons. This is a different product, it isn't an apples to apples comparison. 

Why should they start doing something first? I dunno, to be innovative? To do something for their customers to encourage sales? To have a niche?

This isn't even a unique suggestion or some off the wall situation. This isn't even hard. They can build the remote to be customizable. They've already added two buttons that can be programmable, have the others be the same and then let you purchase an App button pack that is interchangeable. They can make more money...

I don't know why you thought you needed to chime in White Knighting Roku as if they were under attack, which they weren't, but this isn't some crazy suggestion.

rptherriault
Level 7

Jump to solution

I definitely would like to reprogram my quick buttons too. Maybe they will improve it.

0 Kudos