Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

I just purchased a new Roku Streaming Stick+ at Walmart and the 4 buttons on front are Netflix, Roku, Vudu and CBS All Access. I will never subscribe to CBS. The day I pay for one single channel is the day I stop watching TV. Even when one of the quick buttons on the front is a source I'm subscribed to, I never really use them. The best we can do is to hit the home button and organize the most used apps up top and in the order we like.  At least it has a mute and it runs the volume and turns the tv on and off.  I guess there are more important things to be upset about in this crazy world.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The Roku OS is excellent. Not having the ability to reprogram the preprinted buttons was a short sided decision. I have the HBO button on my remote which is useless since their isn’t an agreement with HBO. 

Hope you all make an update or come to an agreement with HBO. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: is there a way to change the naive buttons

Jump to solution

If people keep buy Roku boxes/TV's, they don't need to listen.

Personally, I don't believe anyone would say, "Hey, here is a ESPN button, I'd better go subscribe to it".  Basically, I am saying that these buttons won't increase subscribers. They are just there to annoy non-subscribers.  So, whatever these advertisers pay, they are not getting their money's worth.  I've hated these buttons since the early days of Roku, I put up with it because of the nice interface and available apps.  I subscribe to Netflix and I rarely press the Netflix button, I trained myself to ignore these buttons that I often forget that there is a Netflix button there.  You know what the worse part is?  On these Roku TV's, there is not a "TV" button.  And we call them TV's.  I guess there is not a "TV" group that would pay Roku to put the button there. So sad.

I bet if Roku would make a replacement remote with programmable quick access button, they would sell a ton of them.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The TCL Roku TV that costs $3000 has Netflix, ESPN+, Hulu, and Roku Channel.

3 out of 4 isnt to bad I guess.  Would rather have YouTube than ESPN+ tho.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Remote quick buttons/shortcut keys

Jump to solution

I have a 2020 TCL Tv with roku remote and the current shortcut buttons are Netflix, Hulu, Disney plus and Sling. 

I personally use just Netflix & Hulu and it would be great to be able to customize at least one of the buttons based off our needs.  For instance, I don’t use Disney plus and would much rather have a shortcut remote button that goes directly to the Roku channel instead.  

i hope you can consider this for the future

#remotebutton #quickbutton #shortcutbutton

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: is there a way to change the naive buttons

Jump to solution

...and therefore Roku is an evil company that everyone should boycott.  It is my remote.  Why shouldn't it have my 4 buttons?  I guess it is not really my remote, it is Roku's remote that lives in my house.  It should pay me rent then!  Where is MY money for the 4 useless buttons advertising to me and my guests?  This sort of thing should be illegal, and Roku is EVIL for doing it.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku 3 Remote AB Buttons

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3 remote with two extra buttons labeled A and B. I have no idea what they are for or how to program them. Any answers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

That's gaming remote, there are for use with certain games you could purchase from roku in the past. You turn the remote side ways and it becomes a gaming controller. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So the buttons have no value today? (I've already read all the posts about repurposing buttons.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Roku ultra shortcut keys

Jump to solution

My roku ultra has 4 shortcut buttons.  Netflix, Sling, Hulu and CBS all access.  The remote is VERY sensitive.  3 out of the 4 shortcut buttons will display a message like “launch sling tv app?” With an ok a d cancel option.  This is great since they are easily bumped and you can hit cancel to prevent losing your place with whatever you we’re watching.  However the Netflix button doesn’t do this.  Even if your playing content in another app, if you bump the Netflix button it takes you the Netflix profiles icons.  How can this be prevented? Between this and the lack of HBO Max, it questions my loyalty to Roku.

0 Kudos