Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KoalaGCF
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

TV, VCR, & DVD players remotes don't usually have buttons to other companies services most media remotes have buttons that have buttons you CAN program to use your other devices like TVs, VCR/DVDs n etc not misc other companies paid devices that you get push to by a finger press mishap... I do as another poster suggested remove the offensive buttons totally!!!

0 Kudos
JoeyTC
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons and Business Ethics

Jump to solution

So Roku charges it's paying customers for the advertising billboard (the Remote). Then charges the channels for the preset remote buttons now owned by it's customers. Then those advertisers further charge those very same Rocku customers for more services. Don't you just love capitalism. LMAO

Generic remotes from now on. #Rocku 

0 Kudos
NojFlow
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons and Business Ethics

Jump to solution

Would be nice to have a hack. It’s a big assumption that most users would want to use ESPN, as one of the most prominent buttons on a minimalist remote. I don’t give a **bleep** about sports, and cheapens the Roku experience for me.

EPGPX
Level 8

Jump to solution

You can reprogram them but you have to be a pro hacker like me whos tech savvy Smiley Happy

Coxwain
Level 7

Jump to solution

How tech savvy do you have to be?

ethyss
Level 9

Extra buttons *%!!&**

Jump to solution

Does anyone else HATE all the extra buttons to premium channels?
We often accidently hit one of those - usually one we DON'T want - and it will download that channel!

I'd like a plain ol' remote that just does that: choose the channels I want, turn up/down the volume, mute, and off.  That's it - no more than that.  And please don't tell me to use my smartphone app.  I want to use my phone as a phone - not a as a remote.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: Extra buttons *%!!&**

Jump to solution

Lots of people hate those buttons, but I doubt they're going away.  The first thing I do when I get a Roku is to open the remote and rip out those buttons.

ethyss
Level 9

Jump to solution

Oh PLEASE tell me how to rip out those buttons???  !!!!   

0 Kudos
TD010
Level 8

Jump to solution

I always wanted to rip those buttons out. I didn't pay for a roku remote to have a Disney Plus and a Vudu button. I want those buttons to be replaced with a Youtube and Spotify button.

0 Kudos
ethyss
Level 9

Jump to solution

Tried ripping out a button and left with a hole.  Can't do anything from the inside as it's only a cavity to hold batteries.  Am I doing it wrong ???

0 Kudos