Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsm007b
Level 8

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

How can we purchase the Enhanced voice remote with personal shortcut buttons? I don't see it available in the Accessories section of your website. I just purchase my Roku Ultra a few months ago and I am disappointed that the voice remote that came with it doesn't allow customization of A/B buttons at the least.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The third remote down on this page is the Enhanced Voice Remote with personal programmable 1 & 2 keys, cost $29.99. If you're not in the U.S. then it probably isn't available to you? 

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
bsm007b
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks. I didn't see that earlier. Hmm.. $30 is pretty expensive. Thanks though.

0 Kudos
ginabeanna143
Level 7

Jump to solution

How?

0 Kudos
ThornOfQueens
Level 7

Jump to solution

Those are the same exact 4 I use most often. Now you're making me think that a remote with customer-focused buttons would be a decent option even if they don't give us the option to reprogram them.

They know that most of us don't need a remote button for the Roku channel. Many of us have zero use for an ESPN or Vudu button. This kind of behavior makes sense when it financially supports a free service, but we all paid good money for our Rokus and Roku TVs. We're not even being given a discount or an option to pay more for a fully functional remote.

We are *paying* to be sold as products to the highest bidder by Roku. That's pretty **bleep**ty behavior.

0 Kudos
Billgiblet
Level 8

quick launch (boobytrap) button hack

Jump to solution

I've found the quick launch buttons for Disney, Hulu etc to be a massive annoyance. Being located right under the main control keys, I accidentally launch myself instantly out of whatever I am watching to one of these services with no confirmation dialog or second chance.

So I fixed it. See pic

Roku remote hack.jpg

Hildreths
Level 7

Jump to solution

it's probably the person who works for Roku that came up with this hair-brained idea!

Nikkyxo
Level 7

Reprogram remote shortcut buttons

Jump to solution

I have an elderly parent (late 80’s) who cannot remember how to switch back and forth between The input options. We have one input for our ATT box and the other input is for another streaming box (Armenian TV- he does not speak English). We have tried to show him how to access each input through the smart TV but I was wondering if we could reprogram the Hulu/Netflix shortcut buttons to each HDMI. He attended the senior center before Cov-ID every day and this kept him busy but now he is stuck inside alone all day and the TV is really the only thing that can provide entertainment but it’s too complicated. Is there any solution to this?! Please help.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Reprogram remote shortcut buttons

Jump to solution

Sorry, the channels on those buttons are paid for by the channels.  They are hard coded and you can't alter them.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
Tivoburkee

Re: Reprogram remote shortcut buttons

Jump to solution

Sorry but no, the app keys are not programmable. If this is a Roku tv, you could get an enhanced voice remote that has two programmable keys labelled 1 & 2, which hold a voice search prompt, which could be a name of an input.

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.