Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrjlevy
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

It's unfortunate that you are not selling these remotes as a stand alone item!  Terrible way to say thank you to all your loyal customers, especially for a technology company. 

Silcott
Level 8

Jump to solution

They are selling it separately. I bought one. Works great. Programmed the 2 buttons to launch Prime and Plex. Now if they'd just move the Volume & Mute buttons off of the side. I am constantly pressing them while trying to perform other functions.

mrjlevy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Silcott!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

They're, unless you're out of the country, the $29 Enhance Voice remote has the 1 & 2 keys and is sold for $29.99

Edmund
0 Kudos
WGL
Level 7

Jump to solution

Where did it say on the box what the Quick Buttons were brain surgeon?  I'm new to Roku and like the overall system.  However, I absolutely hate the selection of Quick Buttons that came with the four systems that I purchased.  It's actually a deal breaker for me.  I returned all four of them and replaced them with Apple TVs.  The Roku Engineers that put this together are obviously not the brightest bunch.  Just saying!!!

0 Kudos
Silcott
Level 8

Jump to solution

I don't understand the first question. Brain Surgeon? But the 4 buttons at the bottom are there because those companies paid to have them there. It's all about money. The nice thing about this latest remote is that they added 2 buttons that the user can program. So now I can launch YouTubeTV or my Media Server from them.

ShiChiHaChi
Level 8

Jump to solution

I still want a much better, ergonomically designed remote.  Make it bigger if you have to.  No worries. But more space on the wand, lights up in the dark, allow users to pay $4 more for NO SPONSORED BUTTONS and let them program their own.  They should be soliciting a list from everyone who bothers to post here on their forums.

Roku could seriously be kicking ass on AppleTV if they kept redesigning things at the same rate.  AppleTV remote's design is the worst thing that Apple has EVER designed.  EVER.  And I have worked in the Apple multiverse for 20+ years.  Truly, it's why Roku has completely replaced both of my AppleTVs.

Roku has to make all of their big deals and such, but if they really reached out to all of us, co-opted us?  We could make a good idea great.  And it would make us all more, or "even more," devoted to the brand.

I'm just sayin'....

rwp
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah, why be innovative? It's not the the remote isn't intuitive and the only major issue with the product.

ShiChiHaChi
Level 8

Jump to solution

Why not?  Is there any other choice if you want the product to improve? I would think you'd want it to improve, yes?

You don't share what you think is wrong with the OS or the rest of the hardware, so I can't comment further, but my Roku Ultra experience is superior to my AppleTV experience.  It's noticeably faster, easy to navigate and it just feels like it was born to stream and nothing else.  The remote is 10 times easier to use than Apple's, and it's fast and easy to buy and cancel channels.  

I don't want it to get more complex, just more intuitive.

What's your grudge against innovation?  Sounds like there's a story there.

0 Kudos
DuaneJ
Level 8

Jump to solution

I feel your pain WSOTW!

My father is 92 years old and also has Dementia. He can't remember how to use the remote controls (that's plural) for  cable TV. So I purchased a Roku TV with the hopes that I could program a few channels where he wouldn't get confused/frustrated. Unfortunately he sits at home all day (alone) with a television that he can't operate. It's understood that these 'Smart TVs' are the latest new jack swing, but somewhere along the way, the elderly are being forgotten. Simply put, how hard would it be for you guys (Roku) to have a remote that's REALLY SIMPLE for the elderly and those that have mental disabilities? It's understood that you have agreements with Netflix, Hulu, VUDU, Sling, and of course Roku Channel, but so far I've invested $100+ in purchasing a Roku TV, the Roku Express+ (with preset channels) only to not get what's needed to make my father's life easier (mine as well). I went on the Roku website and see there's a Roku Touch Table Remote, but do I have to spend an extra $30 to get something that 'might' work? You have the technology/ability...but it's all about the $