Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phillip_Feldman
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

Speaking as an engineer, there is no reason why the firmware couldn't be tweaked so that these four buttons would do whatever one wants them to do.

Phillip M. Feldman

Phillip_Feldman
Level 7

Jump to solution

If the remote talks to a TV, I'm 99 percent sure that the interpretation of the commands takes place in the TV.  (The remote is a fairly dumb device).  On any TV that has been made in the last 10+ years, the firmware can be updated by the manufacturer, so they could always add a settings option that would allow the user to specify what each button should do.

Dr. Phillip M. Feldman

mr_paul_brown
Level 7

customize Roku Premiere+ remote

Jump to solution

I'm just setting up a new Premiere +. The remote comes with four direct push buttons, (Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and Sling) 

Of those channels I use only Netflix. Can I reprogram the other 3 buttons for Amazon Prime, Kanopy and PBS?

How?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: customize Roku Premiere+ remote

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
SuperD
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is really unfortunate.  Evidently Roku receives kick backs for fixing shortcut buttons.  As good as Roku is, this one thing is very Apple of them.

Lordpengwin
Level 7

Jump to solution

The buttons are completely worthless, ugly and pointless. Having a hard coded button for a channel that I will never use is really marketing at its worst.

Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
ShiChiHaChi
Level 8

Re: Assign Hulu (my channel) to quick launch button

Jump to solution

@blade_005 wrote:

@bnwbass wrote:

The remote is smart and the app should be developed to enable these buttons for other functions.  My two cents.

As others have stated in the thread, Roku receives $1.00 per assigned button on the remote. $4 per remote to subsidize the cost of hardware trumps your $0.02.

I'd pay $4 to be able to program them on my own.  I'd pay twice that to have a say in a newly designed remote that was more intuitive to the touch in the dark.  The Play Rewind and FF buttons could be set apart and easier to feel, and the pre-programmed buttons should not be jammed right up against them.

Murphys
Level 7

Jump to solution

Your link in your post just takes you to the product overview. Where is the instructions on how to program the personal buttons? A little more documentation would be very nice to have with this device instead of having to search for it within the Roku app.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

On the new ultra remote, you do a voice search by pressing the microphone key and speaking, if you like the results of this voice search, press and hold either 1 or 2 key to memorize the voice search. 

Edmund
0 Kudos