Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psharp
Level 8

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

Just bought the "Roku Voice Remote with TV controls"

The picture on the box CLEARLY INDICATES that there are 4 buttons with no channel names printed on them, which is the sole reason I bought it. The device inside the box does not match that which is pictured.  Nice bait and switch 

What is  your problem with not giving the customer programmable keys?

clickity
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, it would be nice to be able to reprogram dead-app buttons and apps I don't use.  It would also be nice if the remote in one room was consistent with the remote in the other room.

dkardell
Level 8

When will we be able to program the 4 buttons on the bottom.

Jump to solution

I would love to have the ability to set the 4 buttons at the bottom to  YouTubeTV, NetFlix, Prime, ESPN (and even have stickers would be a plus!)

Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: When will we be able to program the 4 buttons on the bottom.

Jump to solution

Never, they receive a $1 per button, per remote from each of those services, it helps keep cost down.

Edmund
Dan991
Level 8

Jump to solution

My buttons on my recently bought Roku Soundbar from Best Buy are now Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and Sling.

0 Kudos
rptherriault
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sound bar? We are doiscussing remotes

0 Kudos
Dan991
Level 8

Jump to solution

My Roku Sound Bar comes with a remote.... Roku streamer is built in

Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Someone yesterday was disappointed that they didn't get the remote with Disney+ key on it as it was pictured, maybe you can make her child happy by trading:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Remote-Different-than-Pictured-Amazon/m-p/535296#M...

Smiley Happy

Edmund
Dan991
Level 8

Jump to solution

Lol! I will never have a use for the ESPN+ button.... Smiley Wink

karterkatt
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well that sucks. I just bought yet another Roku w the preprogrammed channels and on the details pic before buying on amazon showed the remote to have Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu and Sling. I was like ok no problem. I’ll deal w the sling button since I always use the others. But now I have a remote w Netflix, Hulu, Sling and ESPN. Dude. I don’t watch espn. What a gip. Other than that LOVE Roku lol