Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

I don't know what kind of kickbacks Roku gets from who they choose to put on the quick buttons, but not offering an aftermarket remote with 4 or 6 buttons, not preprogrammed to channels I will never use would eliminate the only complaint I have ever had about Roku. I get why they are there, but talk about the most annoying thing ever! 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

What a crock.  I mistakenly assumed that since the photo of the remote I purchased for my mom's Roku t.v. showed FOUR BLANK BUTTONS, that I might have the option of programming those so that she might push one damned button to get to her Law and Order station.  Now I find out that not only are the blank buttons misleading but it would appear that my back up plan of letting her use the voice activated feature to access that channel ALSO WILL NOT WORK UNLESS LAW AND ORDER HAPPENS TO BE ON A ROKU CHANNEL.  Honestly, could you make it any more difficult for the elderly?:????  My mom has dementia and every damned day she has meltdown until I come to her house and find her channel.  I'd like to toss this Roku piece of garbage out the window.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can we buy this remote with the two personal shortcuts?  I’m assuming these shortcuts can be linked to an app. 

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Yes, on the accessory page its the second remote down, cost $29.99, It only holds voice prompts, which can be an app, if it can understand you.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That one doesn’t have the two personal buttons in the image. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

It certainly does, it just doesn't have the 1 & 2 on the keys, but they're there, and when you add it to your cart, its listed as rc411. I own two of these remotes.

And if you look at the image theres a small bump below the volume keys on the side of  the remote, only recently released remotes have Mute key, the RC-Al7 no headphone remote, RC-AL8 Stick + remote, and the Ultra RC-AL9, which this is. Previously only Roku tv remotes had a mute key.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Does this community share info on what buttons are found at what retailers currently? If I can't change the preset buttons (and I'd like to join my voice to the MANY others who request this), maybe I can shop my way to a remote with the most buttons that I use. For example, I have an older Roku Stick whose remote has Netflix, Amazon Prime, Sling, and Google Play. I use Netflix and Amazon. But I don't remember where I bought it (and it was several years ago). Last week I bought a Roku Premiere (#3920) from Best Buy. It has Netflix, ESPN+, Hulu, and Sling. I use Netflix, and Hulu a little, the others not at all. And I wish we had options for the newer players on the streaming scene, including Disney+ and YouTube TV. 

So - does anyone know what buttons are currently on devices sold at Walmart? Target? Others? Which ones are on devices sold through the Roku website or Amazon? 

This seems like the only possible way to get around this issue - for now. 

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Only things we're sure of is every remote will have a Netflix key. And roku bought at Walmart will have a Vudu key, which they own.  There hasn't been a Amazon key on a roku remote since Amazon started selling their own streamer.

If you don't mind using a IR remote you could get Inteset 422-3 Universal remote, with this remote and a boat load of Advanced codes(EFC), you code map individually all kinds of channels, of course you'll have to remember what and where they are on the remote. This are some of the codes available:

Google play 00022

Rdio 00026

Youtube 00032

Feature Free 00043

Deezer 00054

Ch Store 00224

Prime Video 00082

TED 00084

PS VUE 00085

Spotify 00086

Pandora 00088

Red Bull 00090

CBS AA 00128

Yupp Tv 00130

Vudu 00138

Showtime 00149

Hulu 00151

Hbo Now 00153

WWW network 00180

Crackle 00181

The CW 00182

Happy Kids Tv 00184

Starz 00222

Slingtv 00229

Att TV 00247

Roku Ch 00118

Fandango now 00133

Netflix 00148

ESPN 00187

Disney + 00070

To map these to a key on Inteset remote, first you use setup code 03061, and:

1. device key

2. press and hold SET for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 4

4. tap SET for one blink

5. enter 5 digit code

6. pick a key

As you can see there isn't one for Youtube TV yet.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Excellent info on universal.   Bye Bye Roku remote.  POS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

If you want to save some money on the universal remote that takes those codes, theres the Insignia NS-RMT415, it looks like the Inteset remote, but it doesn't have backlighting and isn't a learning remote. But you can find them on ebay for under $10.

Edmund