Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: is there a way to change the naive buttons

Jump to solution
Thanks for the feedback here. While you can't reprogram Roku remote buttons, you can use the free Roku Mobile app to launch channels on your device. 

Once you install the app and connect to your device, you can use the 'Channels' tab to view the Channel Store and search for channels, add them to your account, or launch them on your connected device from the 'My Channels' tab. 

See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/115003211087-how-do-i-manage-channels-using-the-roku-mobile-app-

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

If it is an enhanced roku remote that is paired to the TV you can change the buttons function but the standard remote that does not have a pairing button in side the battery compartment is only what is programed from the factory.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for the question here!

You cannot re-program a channel button on any Roku remote that has a channel name printed on it. 

The latest Roku Ultra (mdoel 4670) is sold with our latest Enhanced Voice Remote, which offers 2 personal shortcut buttons that can be programmed with any supported voice command, including 'Launch [insert channel name]'. See more here: https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Level 8

Jump to solution

Just to chime in... it would be REALLY nice to allow us to pick and choose which apps to have in those button shortcuts. 

For instance, I use Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube the most. Having those as my four would be optimal. Instead, I have a remote where three out of the four apps have been discontinued... so they are completely USELESS to me. It'd be nice if you designed it so we could reprogram them and even swap out the button caps to match.

I've been thinking of picking up newer Roku models, and while the remote buttons aren't a big deal, it's a selling point to me and sort of frustrating.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Why? I do not use espn and will never use it. What's the point of having quick buttons if you can't put them to things you use?
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yeah... that's my point... I would like to be able to customize them or at least pick them from a list and have them assigned when I purchase my Roku/remote. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I was trying to reply to the Roku team response.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Did ever ask your tv manufacturer, dvd player manufacturer, or before that vcr manufacturer to change keys on their oem remotes included with equipment you purchased? Why should roku be the first to start something no other company ever did before?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

"Did ever ask your tv manufacturer, dvd player manufacturer, or before that vcr manufacturer to change keys on their oem remotes included with equipment you purchased? Why should roku be the first to start something no other company ever did before?"

That is a totally different situation. They don't preprogram in apps that they then may discontinue, leaving you with useless buttons. This is a different product, it isn't an apples to apples comparison. 

Why should they start doing something first? I dunno, to be innovative? To do something for their customers to encourage sales? To have a niche?

This isn't even a unique suggestion or some off the wall situation. This isn't even hard. They can build the remote to be customizable. They've already added two buttons that can be programmable, have the others be the same and then let you purchase an App button pack that is interchangeable. They can make more money...

I don't know why you thought you needed to chime in White Knighting Roku as if they were under attack, which they weren't, but this isn't some crazy suggestion.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I definitely would like to reprogram my quick buttons too. Maybe they will improve it.