Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

I'm wondering if it is possible to reprogram one or more of the remote quick buttons to a different Roku App than is listed on the remote.  Thank you. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

Thanks for the question here!

You cannot re-program a channel button on any Roku remote that has a channel name printed on it. 

The latest Roku Ultra (mdoel 4670) is sold with our latest Enhanced Voice Remote, which offers 2 personal shortcut buttons that can be programmed with any supported voice command, including 'Launch [insert channel name]'. See more here: https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

169 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution
Nope.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution
Nope. Those are placed there through advertising agreements between the channel owners and Roku, and can't be edited/changed. 
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
That's too bad.  I'm new to Roku and have now purchased a number and I don't recall being given the option as to which buttons come with the remote.  I simply noticed they were different and thought, surly they can be changed ( even if it is flashed to the remote) seeing I have different preferences.  It is not a big deal, but a backdoor way to set these buttons could provide valuable information to Roku and the Channel providers.  A user making such a change would be an indication of "preferred" use.

Of course, if the agreement is for placement only and not increased usage, then set em and forget em.

Thank you.

- N
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution
"ncoppola" wrote:
That's too bad.  I'm new to Roku and have now purchased a number and I don't recall being given the option as to which buttons come with the remote.  I simply noticed they were different and thought, surly they can be changed ( even if it is flashed to the remote) seeing I have different preferences.  It is not a big deal, but a backdoor way to set these buttons could provide valuable information to Roku and the Channel providers.  A user making such a change would be an indication of "preferred" use.

Of course, if the agreement is for placement only and not increased usage, then set em and forget em.

Thank you.

- N

The different buttons depends on where it was purchased.  Walmart will have a Vudu button on it, Target will have something else in that spot, etc.
Highlighted
Level 8

is there a way to change the naive buttons

Jump to solution

is there a way to change the 4 buttons on the remote to other channels?

Highlighted
Level 13

Re: is there a way to change the naive buttons

Jump to solution
Nope.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution
Don't be naïve...

Smiley Very Happy
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra 4640 (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution
If you search the threads here, you'll see it's an often suggested subject, and Roku never will do it because companies pay Roku money to put their buttons on the Roku remote.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Level 11

Jump to solution
"andrewefr" wrote:
is there a way to change the 4 buttons on the remote to other channels?

No, but there's a cult of Handheld Advertising Haters that surgically remove un-programmable buttons:
1) exacto knife
2) black tape
3) trash can/bio-hazard bin (to flip extracted buttons into)

Kind of a learning curve to endure, but by the 3rd Button Extraction Surgery, you'll be pretty good at it.
(Note to Roku Remote Advertisers: Those buttons you're paying for reside in the landfill where they are basically unclickable - have a nice day)