Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Remote Making Very High Pitched Noise

Jump to solution

@that_person 

Thanks for the post.

As stated numerous times in this thread, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote batteries constantly need re-seated

Jump to solution

Same issue here with my Roku Ultra remote and swapping batteries. Plus it started to make noises this morning - clicks, pops, & static. Removing the batteries, which were new, stopped the noise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@0ri0n33 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Change the batteries. I did that with mine and the noise stopped. Now I’m trying to reconnect the remote with the screen projector. If you don’t use your Roku a lot then the remote automatically disconnects from the tv or device that you use your roku on (mine is their screen projector).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny - why don’t you post how to “fix” it?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Really I was reading this topic for almost 30 minutos and I didn’t found the answer to the problem.. I was away from home for 2 months and now the remote doesn’t work and it’s making that noise... I changed the batteries many times and it isn’t work.. we need a solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Jose_gomez84 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Apart from everyone being told to send a PM and then waiting ages for 'support' to get in touch, can anyone come back to this and report on whether they've actually been given a way to stop it? What are the support team telling people if/when they do get back to them? Feels like we're waiting weeks just to speak to someone. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the exact same thing now!  Gone through a mad amount of triple A's and just realized it's making that noise.  Do I need to buy a new remote or what? This one is pretty new

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@DeeZee74 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos