Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Making Very High Pitched Noise

Jump to solution

Our Roku Ultra was just purchased a few weeks ago, when plugging in the headset it came with it makes high pitched noise until you change the batteries... what is causing this issue? Do we need to purchase new remote?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Mark59 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just had this happen to me on my Hisense Roku TV remote. The TV doesn't even have a power button, so I can't turn the device on at all! Kinda crazy to spend the money just to deal with this OBVIOUSLY prevalent issue...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Look at the bottom of the tv in the middle, underneath for the power button, and other buttons as well.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@dbarnes 

Thanks for the information.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’ve been having the same issue for months. The batteries drain almost weekly at this point and the remote just makes this high pitched noise and doesn’t work. I have 4 rokus in my house and I really hope this isn’t going to happen with all of them. I read in another post that this issue isn’t covered under the warranty but seeing as it seems to be such a widespread issue I hope they make and exception. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Shannie332 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Ebr20 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’ve also got this problem with my remote. It’s been draining batteries very quickly and now it doesn’t work at all. Even with new batteries it just makes a high pitched noise

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Plm42 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos