Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
that_person
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Making Very High Pitched Noise

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the high pitched squeal thing and killing batteries also.  I saw a video that gave a suggestion for fixing the problem, but it didn't work for me - essentially it was trying to make sure all the buttons were not sticking. 

A sticking button would make sense in running down the batteries and making some strange sound, but my TV is pretty new and I have barely used the remote, so am pretty disappointed that my TV is essentially out of commission because of a **bleep** remote.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@that_person 

Thanks for the post.

As stated numerous times in this thread, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
0ri0n33
Level 7

Re: Remote batteries constantly need re-seated

Jump to solution

Same issue here with my Roku Ultra remote and swapping batteries. Plus it started to make noises this morning - clicks, pops, & static. Removing the batteries, which were new, stopped the noise.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote batteries constantly need re-seated

Jump to solution

@0ri0n33 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rheyez
Level 7

Jump to solution

Change the batteries. I did that with mine and the noise stopped. Now I’m trying to reconnect the remote with the screen projector. If you don’t use your Roku a lot then the remote automatically disconnects from the tv or device that you use your roku on (mine is their screen projector).

0 Kudos
MerrillCope
Level 7

Re: Remote high pitched noise

Jump to solution

My remote is doing this same thing. High pitch noise and won’t work. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MerrillCope 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jennymoon922
Level 7

Jump to solution

My remote is also making the high pitched sound and going through batteries quickly.   What is the solution.  Serial number is: YH00H6171097

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Jennymoon922 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rwhitesell
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny - why don’t you post how to “fix” it?