Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku Remote Making Very High Pitched Noise

Jump to solution

I have four of these sticks and a roku tv but I've only just now had an issue with one of the remotes, My internet had gone out for a minute and after that my remote stopped working. I took the batteries out to see if that was the issue but now all I get is a really high Pitched squeak at random intervals. 

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Roku Remote Making Very High Pitched Noise

Jump to solution

I've tried a couple things, I eventually ran to the store and grabbed a brand new set of batteries that stopped the issues but my remotes still do this a lot as they use up a bunch of batteries.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Mingelina69 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Plm42 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing. Is there a resolution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine is doing to same thing. A few weeks before I was having problems with the remote not working consistently. Now it’s not working at all and making a high pitched noise. 

@Srutter310 wrote:

Mine is doing the same thing. Is there a resolution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My remote is doing the same thing. Has there been any answer? 

Whenever I put the battery in the roku remote it starts a high-pitched squeal. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I've tried a couple things, I eventually ran to the store and grabbed a brand new set of batteries that stopped the issues but my remotes still do this a lot as they use up a bunch of batteries.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So nobody has a answer? Maybe I should just get a new remote 🤔seems like we all are having this problem 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The first time I had this issue, I changed the batteries and it worked again. But then the batteries died really quickly and the issue started again. So I tried changing the batteries again and it’s not working at all. It just kept making that high pitched noise. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku remote making a high pitch noise and drains batteries every few days.

Jump to solution

The remote to my Roku Streaming Stick+ has been going through batteries very quickly. Today I tried to use the remote and the Roku device didn’t respond. I took the batteries out and waited 10 seconds and put them back into the remote. It started making a high pitch whining noise. I pulled the batteries again and got the same noise when I placed the batteries back into the remote. The noise finally stopped, but the remote isn’t working. I read where other people are also experiencing the same issues. There has to be a solution to this problem. I shouldn’t have to be replacing the batteries on a weekly basis.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Shannie332 @Alex929517 @Jpowell 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny,

I have a similar issue where my remote makes a high pitched noise when I plug headphones in and it drains batteries very, very quickly. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos