Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srutter310
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Making Very High Pitched Noise

Jump to solution

With the number of users having this issue it is clear that Roku doesn't have a need to change the specs or manufacturer of their remotes.  People are still and will continue to buy their product anyways.  Likely have a contract with the manufacturer that would cost to much money to change.  So the alternative and cheapest option for the company is to have there employees deal with the online posts for the few that reach out to address.  My assumption is that once i reach out to them they may send me another remote to pair with my Roku device, but it is also made by the same manufacturer, so there is a decent chance (50%, 25%, 10%...?) that the same problem will occur once again.  Not really sure the point of my post other than to say that is the reality of the situation.  Good luck to everyone...use the Roku remote app on your smart phone is the only real and reliable solution.  Even that presents its problems when your Wifi (unless you rename your Wifi to the same as it was previously or other work arounds). 

0 Kudos
AdamB727
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've gone through three remotes in less than two years. It's insane!

My latest remote just started the high pitch hissing sound last week. So if somebody from roku would like to send me a replacement please reach out as I don't really want to pay for yet another replacement. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AdamB727 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AdamB727
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny,

Your profile does not contain a "Send this user a private message" option as described in the Welcome to the Community page. I checked both via desktop and mobile device. Please advise as I would like to resolve this issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AdamB727 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to send a PM, can you please provide a screenshot of what you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Moorj0
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having this exact same issue with my remote. Eatting batteries and making a high noise. Did we get a solution?

0 Kudos
AdamB727
Level 8

Jump to solution

No solution. I direct messaged @RokuDanny-R as requested, but haven't heard back. 

Judging from the amount of people having this issue, as someone noted above, I suspect this is a mass manufacturing defect in the production of the remotes that Roku has yet to fully address. 

Noah9
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, I am having the same issue of hearing a high pitched noise coming from the remote of my Roku Ultra. This unit was purchased directly from Roku just recently.

Also, my tv no longer recognizes the HDMI port that it’s plugged into, where my previous Rokus 2 and 3 did. When I power on the TV, I have to switch the input back and forth between HDMI Ports for it to recognize the Roku device.

0 Kudos
fajardo3582
Level 7

my roku control is not responding and makes a very strange noise when I insert new batteries!!

Jump to solution

My control does not respond so I bought some new batteries thinking that that would solve the problem but still it did not respond so I followed the steps that appear on the page and it seemed that it would work but the control started making a strange noise and the light that it has where you can restart it got stuck in green color and I don't know what to do since I tried to put other batteries but it's the same, please help

0 Kudos
BokuJoku
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue.

0 Kudos