Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Remote high pitched tone

Jump to solution

I can't find a way to contact anyone from roku. I have the roku 3600x. Its old but the remote thing is new. Original remote just stopped working. Just bought the new remote for $19.99 plus shipping only to have it work for a few weeks before making a high pitched tone and not taking any batteries. I'd like a warranty, the remote as it wasn't even a month old. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote high pitched noise

Jump to solution

@monicasharma @paytonalewis 

Thanks for the posts.

As stated in my previous post, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Roku Remote Making Very High Pitched Noise

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the exact same thing now!  Gone through a mad amount of triple A's and just realized it's making that noise.  Do I need to buy a new remote or what? This one is pretty new

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@DeeZee74 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Remote high pitched noise

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. Sent you a PM. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Remote stopped working and it’s screaming

Jump to solution

My remote stopped working and I changed the batteries and it’s still not working. It’s making a screaming/soft whistle noise. What do I do?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue but changing the batteries only allows me to turn the TV on/off and control volume.  

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Exactly then the batteries will die again because it uses all the power I put it up to my ear and I hear a whining noise like the little tiny fan inside but I have not gotten a resolution yet getting kind of pissed!  I think it's time for a replacement remote but I don't think I should have to pay for it

0 Kudos
Level 7

Streaming stick remote issue high pitch noise

Jump to solution

My remote has been giving out a loud high pitch noise consistently and doesn’t not do anything no matter what button you press. I have changed the batteries and I have reset the streaking stick, I have reset the remote and tried to repair it, I have unplugged and plugged the batteries as well as the stick out from the tv, and I’ve tried to press the little button on the back under the batteries and no light comes on. I have tried to do everything. Can you help? I’ve read about how you want the serial number and our email but I can’t find a way to pm you @RokuDanny-R

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: Streaming stick remote issues

Jump to solution

Click on his name.  It will take you to his profile where one of the things you can do is send a private message.

0 Kudos