Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Making Very High Pitched Noise

Jump to solution

This same issue just happened with me as well. Remote is completely unresponsive and making a high pitched noise. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JoyceM 

Thanks for the post.

As mentioned in my previous posts, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Danny I have the same problem with my roku remote making the high pitch noise with the batteries in it. I can't go to the screen to tell you what my serial numbers are or anything like that because my remote does not work, at all, it still makes at high pitch sound. I've tried to pair it, have tried to reset it, I've gone through several steps of taking out the battery taking out the roku and waiting 5 seconds yadda yadda yadda. Nothing works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Txsoonerfan2002 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Danny,

Thanks for your response. I am unable to get you the numbers you requested because, since my remote started making the hi pitched noise, it stopped working. It is for my Roku stick. Seems to go through batteries, too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You can download the Roku app on your phone - that’s what I had to do to continue using my Roku while they worked in my issue. The app has a feature that lets you use your phone as a remote. It’s pretty cool. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Txsoonerfan2002 

Thanks for the update.

Please feel to provide the serial number/device ID that is physically printed on your device if you are unable to use your remote. Please provide that information in a PM along with your Roku account email address and a quick summary of the issue you are experiencing. I will be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Please help my Roku remote problem it’s making a high pitch noise and stopped working on my TV

Jump to solution

My problem is mentioned by others but I don’t see a solution. My remote stopped working on my TV and is making a high pitch sound. Please help me resolve this issue I even changed batteries 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Please help my Roku remote problem it’s making a high pitch noise and stopped working on my TV

Jump to solution

How do I fix this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Please help my Roku remote problem it’s making a high pitch noise and stopped working on my TV

Jump to solution

I am having the same problems. What is the solution?

0 Kudos