Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Remove remote battery life indicator on screen

Jump to solution

It is absolutely annoying and apparently Roku doesn’t care.

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

This is happening to me too. If I leave the batteries in they last another week so. I have to change them just to get the message to go away. Running through an obnoxious amount of batteries for no reason. I don’t need roku to tell me when my batteries are dead, I can figure that out on my own....

0 Kudos
BenJames
Reel Rookie

Re: Battery warning

Jump to solution

The remote battery warning is all but worthless. It comes up way too soon and is of no real value in that we all know to change the batteries when the remote has stopped working. Get a clue and add an option to disable the warning.

TwoCollieTom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem and it is VERY annoying.   I use headsets with the ROKU remote, and have no problems several hours AFTER I get the announcement every few seconds that my battery is low.  Is there some way please to turn off that announcement or at least have it show up perhaps every five minutes rather than every 15 seconds.

I can't tell you how annoying this is and would really like some sort of resolution, perhaps in an upcoming software update.

Thank you.

Metalmirq

Jump to solution

The battery warning pops up every time I push a button on the remote. It’s EXTREMELY ANNOYING. I’m not changing the battery when there’s 30% power remaining, I wanna change them when the remote stops working 

Tim44
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This must be an inside joke at Roku to mess with people at this point.  Such a useless and trolling feature 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This low battery warning that pops up on the TV screen is an ongoing annoyance that the people at Roku are purposely ignoring! The message starts showing up long before your batteries actually become useless, so you could be dealing with two weeks or more of a low battery warning spamming your screen while your button presses continue to activate all controls, how is this a good thing Roku? You guys that program the firmware need to STOP forcing this annoyance onto our screens without permission! There is already a section for Remotes in the Settings, so why won't Roku simply add a setting to enable/disable the low battery warning? Is this really too much to ask? Is this really beyond your capabilities? Or is it simply that you do not care?

Me and a lot of people like me are sick and tired of this, we don't need a message on our screens to tell us it's time to change the batteries, I will change them when I start pressing buttons and nothing happens! Whoever forced this into the Roku software doesn't have a clue about what a pleasant uninterrupted user experience is! Also the continued ignoring of this issue by Roku shows their total lack of care and respect to their customers! Just give us a way to shut this spamming low battery message off, that's all I ask!

Sbud117

Jump to solution

I am having issues with my unit doing the same thing I have a bat status displayed all the time in the top right corner aswell as I have apps I pay for like hbo that will not work at all

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sbud117

Thanks for the post.

It seems like your having multiple separate issues. It may be best for you to create a new post for each of those issues so as to not confuse or hijack this specific thread regarding the battery icon.

In regards to the battery icon issue, have you tried replacing the remote batteries to see if that resolves the issue? In addition, what Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BobbyLite

Jump to solution

It has been a matter of months for me with this annoying pop up message at every. Single. Button. Pushed. I've scoured the settings and there's no option to turn this water drip torture of an indication off. At this point my roku has taken me hostage and has won because even though these batteries probably have more months of life in them I'm replacing them just so it will stop. If anybody has found a way to disable this please advise.