Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisvanik
Level 7

Roku Remote - Disappointed in Company Support

Bought a ROKU streaming stick 1 year ago. 
I initially was considering buying stock in the company.

Loved it, until the batteries died a month ago.
The remote will not pair up with the stick.  Customer Support indicated I have a bad remote, want's me to buy a new one (from them) for $20.  (More than a 1/3 of the cost of the stick)

Great Business Model.  Sell a product that becomes a paper weight after batteries die.  
ROKU knows they sold a defective product, but instead of issuing a recall. they are making their customers buy pricey new remotes.

Below is a copy of my conversation with ROKU.  
[table][tr][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]Hi Chris Vanik,
Your request #(1842406) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Chris Vanik, Aug 16, 07:06 PDT:
Correct, The pairing light never blinks on the remote.
Just an FYI-
I can see the Roku 'Wifi' from my laptop, so the stick is creating the network.

[/font]

Narmadha Nagarwararao, Aug 15, 04:42 PDT:

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting Roku.

It looks like a remote issue. When your press pairing button for 3 secs, is the light blinks on the Roku remote? Are you getting pairing screen on the TV?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you and good day!
Regards,
Narmadha 

[/font]

Chris Vanik, Aug 13, 20:05 PDT:

Message: Hi, This is the 2nd time I have tried using this support. My Roku remote batteries died. I put in my batteries, but now my roku stick will not sync to my remote. I have already tried resetting my stick. I've tried multiple TV's. I've even tried to syn it without a TV. The 'light' on the remote never 'lights' up. I think I need a new remote.
[/font][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[center:25cifjpy]## In replies all text above this line is added to the ticket ##[/center:25cifjpy]

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]Hi Chris Vanik,
Your request #(1842406) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Narmadha Nagarwararao, Aug 18, 02:57 PDT:
https://www.roku.com/accessories[/url:25cifjpy]
Do not hesitate to reach us for further queries.
[/color][/font][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Labels (1)
0 Kudos