Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku Remote Dies Extremely Fast

I have the same issue. I have a Roku device that sticks on top of the TV. My remote dies about once a month, I change the batteries and it works again for a while. I've used all different brands of batteries. I thought it was just a defective remote, but then my dog chewed it up and I had to buy a new one and the new one does it as well. 

0 Kudos
catfish32

my sn.is SOAH51447D9E / MODEL #3941X . my batteries have to be replaced at lest every week or sooner. i have tryed the factory restart and the remote pairing and niether helped. i think the remote has futher problems and needs replacing. can you help with this ?

0 Kudos
catfish32

my roku model in a week or sooner no. 3941x and serial no. SOAH51447D9E .  batteries drain in a week or sooner. i have tried all the pairing and  restarts listed .

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @catfish32,

Thanks for reaching out regarding your battery drain issue and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alib1

My remote Has been dying every couple of days. Serial number 3226001105 model number Rc-fa1. FCC id tc2-r1041. Please help

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alib1,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

We suggest trying to remove and reinsert the batteries if this helps resolve the issue.

To help troubleshoot the issue further and to get your remote back up and running, follow this link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HowardP
Reel Rookie

One (1) of my Roku streaming sticks goes through batteries every few weeks, which is really odd considering I rarely if ever need to replace the batteries on the other streaming sticks paired with different TVs.  Seems like a malfunction with this one streaming stick.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
gcatt
Channel Surfer

The only fix I found was to switch to using apple tv and get rid of the roku.   Which is unfortunate because I like the roku and do not like apple.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@HowardP

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HowardP
Reel Rookie

Danny, Thanks for the reply, please see below.  The FCC ID is a bit difficult to read.

SKU = 3226000674

RC-EL1

FCC ID: TC2-R1028

0 Kudos