Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkinzer

Roku Remote Compatibility

Jump to solution

I tried searching, to no avail, for a list of remotes that are compatible with various Roku models. I have a ten or more Roku devices, mostly Roku 3 4200X, all with working remotes. I recently bought a used 4200X which came with a GR-14 remote. I can't get that remote to pair with that 4200X. I grabbed an RC-03 remote that was being used with another 4200X and it paired with the new-to-me 4200X. That tells me that the recently acquired 4200X is probably working correctly and that the GR-14 is either defective or not compatible with the 4200X. When I press the pairing button on the GR-14 the LEDs on the face of the remote flash in sequence as if it's trying to pair.

Should the GR-14 work with the 4200X?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Remote Compatibility

Jump to solution

No, it is not, sorry. But the GR-14 is a bluetooth remote that only worked with Roku 2 xs & xd. Yes it looks like your RC-03, except for the two dots under blue & green buttons, where the rc-03 has just one. Of course it also has headphone jack and volume keys the gr-14 doesn't either. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Remote Compatibility

Jump to solution

No, it is not, sorry. But the GR-14 is a bluetooth remote that only worked with Roku 2 xs & xd. Yes it looks like your RC-03, except for the two dots under blue & green buttons, where the rc-03 has just one. Of course it also has headphone jack and volume keys the gr-14 doesn't either. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.