Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Roku Remote... Battery Issues :(

"drphibes13" wrote:
I just recently purchased a Roku streaming stick+ and in the short time I've had it I'm having to change batteries about every 4 days. It is very frustrating (and expensive) to have to keep changing batteries that often. I really hope this does get addressed very soon!

Are you using headphones? And are you leaving them plugged in?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"drphibes13" wrote:
I just recently purchased a Roku streaming stick+ and in the short time I've had it I'm having to change batteries about every 4 days. It is very frustrating (and expensive) to have to keep changing batteries that often. I really hope this does get addressed very soon!

No, the remote for the stick devices doesn't provide a headphone jack on them. You can still listen privately on a mobile phone though, which is really nice. I don't even use that much either, but a nice feature to have nonetheless. I'm not sure what the deal is with them dying so fast. I use Duracell batteries in them, but approximately every 4 days it is still the same story...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

"drphibes13" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
"drphibes13" wrote:

No, the remote for the stick devices doesn't provide a headphone jack on them. You can still listen privately on a mobile phone though, which is really nice. I don't even use that much either, but a nice feature to have nonetheless. I'm not sure what the deal is with them dying so fast. I use Duracell batteries in them, but approximately every 4 days it is still the same story...

I have an older Stick (3600), and the batteries last a very long time. I used it constantly when I was staying in a hotel for four months last year, and only used one set of batteries. If yours is lasting such a short period of time, I suspect it's defective. I wasn't aware the latest Stick remotes don't have headphone jacks. I know mine doesn't, but I thought the newer ones did. My mistake there. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
"drphibes13" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
"drphibes13" wrote:

I have an older Stick (3600), and the batteries last a very long time. I used it constantly when I was staying in a hotel for four months last year, and only used one set of batteries. If yours is lasting such a short period of time, I suspect it's defective. I wasn't aware the latest Stick remotes don't have headphone jacks. I know mine doesn't, but I thought the newer ones did. My mistake there. 

No worries. I really appreciate everyone's feedback, and input on this.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I def do unplug the headphones. I have seen all kinds of strange behavior.

I contacted support via their chat today - It was super painless compared to what many have posted about the horror stories. They are replacing my remote.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same, have two sticks , lucky for batteries to last more than a month. Will likely switch to other streaming device
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jstat123 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, device models, and serial number of your Roku devices (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

[Locking old thread. Please feel free to search the Community for a related topic or create a new thread.]

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos