Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobNoxious
Channel Surfer

Roku Randomly Locks Up. Have to unplug/pull remote batteries.

I have several streaming stick + devices.   I have noticed, sometimes, one will lock up randomly while pressing remote buttons.  Yesterday it happened when I pressed PAUSE during a Netflix movie.  Then the Roku says it lost network connection the second i pressed pause (network is fine), then remote and Roku were locked up and nothing worked.   The only 'solution' is to pull out remote batteries, unplug Roku Streaming Stick+ from power, wait 10 seconds, plug Roku back in.  Then when HOME screen appears and it says connected, add batteries back to remote, wait a few seconds. everything now works.    I have done this at least 4 times in past 2 months with this device.  It is new this year.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
BowerR64
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Randomly Locks Up. Have to unplug/pull remote batteries.

Mine will do this also but mine is not a stick mine is the ultra. Ive found using the remote app on my phone I can restart the unit and as it reboots it repairs with the remote. Ive finally figured out on mine its the double left arrow button "rewind" for tje last channel recal that opens either the Hulu app or the HBO app the app it opens is random. Get the phone app it can help at times

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@BowerR64  This thread is 2 years old by the way. I assure you the person has moved on

0 Kudos
BowerR64
Reel Rookie

Its ok if its an old post i found the problem doing a google search which lead me here so others might just have the same issue and find their way here and read a fix

0 Kudos