Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carpe_diem

Roku Premiere remote not responding

Jump to solution

I have a Roku premiere and all of a sudden, the remote stopped responding. I replaced battery's, restarted the Roku etc. all the things it said I should try. The remote has no pairing button and the remove battery solution is not working either. Any Idea why this happens? 

all the troubleshooting tips from Roku, did not help.

Thank you for your help 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere remote not responding

Jump to solution

To see if it's the remote that's not working point it at your cellphone camera as you press a button, if you see flashes it working. No flash the remote is bad. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

To see if it's the remote that's not working point it at your cellphone camera as you press a button, if you see flashes it working. No flash the remote is bad. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
carpe_diem

Jump to solution

It is dead 😞 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @carpe_diem,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved with your Roku remote not responding, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.
Keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Runandjump

Jump to solution

My remote also just unpaired and won’t get paired back. The batteries work. The green light blinks when I push the pairing button but nothing. I’ve reset the stick, removed batteries and left them out for a minute. Nothing is working. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Runandjump,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Have you tried running the steps on this link to get your remote back up and running? How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support 

If you are still having any issues with your Roku remote not pairing after following the steps provided from our support link, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Alohayall

Jump to solution

I’m having trouble with my voice remote also. I’ve tried all the steps on the website with no success. I also tried paring my phone with my Roku to use that but it says it can’t find the Roku so now I’m not sure if it’s the remote (green light on the back still flashes) or the Roku but the white light on the stick is still responding. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Alohayall

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For clarification, have you gone through the steps from our support link provided by @RokuMary-F above and still having the same issue? If so, can you please provide the serial number or device ID of your Roku device? It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device itself. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Keep us posted with the details!

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos