Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rory01
Level 7

Roku Premiere remote control, the down arrow button does not work properly

Hello Community, 

Something weird is happening with my Roku Premiere remote control, when I press the down arrow button/key to navigate in Netflix or any other app, it goes down and go to the left at same time or when you want to select a movie just by going down you only go back to the menu or if you want to select or change the language or add/remove sub-tittles you can not go down, is like you press left arrow key.

Any idea in how it could be fix it? thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere remote control, the down arrow button does not work properly

Could be something got into the remote, when press the down it presses against something that press the left key as well, try shacking th remote is if you hear anything and try dislodge whatever in there. Also try unplugging the roku from power for bit.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rory01
Level 7

Hi, thanks for your response and sorry for delay mine, I followed your recommendations however the remote control still with the same issue, but....during a couple of days it works well, I didn’t anything special it only works ok during 2 days, then the problem raised again, I really don’t know what are happening but, for example when I tried to use it in Netflix is really complicate to try to select any movie or other features, I’m thinking to buy a new remote control, thanks

0 Kudos
Cabohney
Level 8

The up arrow on my Premiere remote quit working. It’s only 4mos old. The rest of the remote seems to be fine. Is it under warrantee or anything? I have a basic remote for the roku 3920x premiere. Thanks for any help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Cabohney 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
stevewave
Level 7

Re: Roku remote control, the down arrow button does not work properly

The down arrow on the Roku remote is very difficult to use. You must press it 10 - 15 times to get it to work. It seems to be getting worse.  I have tried removing batteries, removing Roku stick and resetting device. Still not functioning correctly.

Any help appreciated. 

steve

0 Kudos
Traciphil
Level 7

Down arrow doesn't work

The down arrow only works occasionally and only if i press it really hard. Any suggestions?  I saw that some other people had this issue but there was no solution posted. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Down arrow doesn't work

Remotes can lose conductivity and no longer work correctly, replace remote. This happens on $500 remotes as well, more you use a certain key it will give out. If your roku takes IR remotes replace it with cheap universal remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mrjlturner
Level 10

This issue just started on my remote on my premier+! I'm wondering if it's a software bug?! I replaced the batteries, reset the remote, factory reset the Roku, no change Smiley Sad apparently this is not just a one time glitch if I'm able to search and find the identical issue on the forums..... Any other ideas? The remote is in good working order in an adult only household.

My ROKU Info:
Roku Premier+ (Wireless | Static IP) - HDMI (1080P)
AT&T Internet (1024 Mbps / 1024 Mbps)
Netflix; Hulu Plus; Amazon Prime; HBO Max
0 Kudos
mrjlturner
Level 10

@RokuDanny-R was there a fix for this?

My ROKU Info:
AT&T Internet (1024 Mbps / 1024 Mbps)
Netflix; Hulu Plus; Amazon Prime; HBO Max
0 Kudos