Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppwhite
Level 7

Roku Premiere not pairing

Got a new Roku Premiere and it won't pair with our 5 month old TCL Roku 4K HDR TV. Everything is connected and it won't pair - circles and circles again and again. I've reset the streaming player (it does have power), I've turned off, unplugged, plugged, turned on, changed batteries ...  Gave up and plugged in the old Roku after 45 wasted minutes. Plus where is the power button and volume control? If my husband has to use the TCL Roku remote AND the premiere remote it's getting returned ASAP. Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere not pairing

The Roku Premiere only comes with an IR remote, and only Roku Wifi remotes have tv controls. What's the reason for having a roku attached to your roku tv? Is the tv older so it won't have newer apps like Apple tv? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ppwhite
Level 7

5 month old TV but older Roku stick that Apple TV didn't support. I'm returning the 2 premiere ones I bought. Will search for Rokus with on/off buttons and volume controls that support Apple TV - hope they exist!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Roku with wifi remotes included the Express plus, Premiere plus, Rloku Ultra LT, Ultra, Stick plus, and roku branded Soundbar. 

You can purchase the Wifi Voice remote separately at walmart or best buy and it will pair with your premiere you have now. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos