Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kburge
Level 7

Roku Premiere+ Remote Replacement

I need to replace a remote for the Roku Premiere+ (Model 4630X) and I'd like to have "private listening" feature like the original remote.  Is such an option available?  From what I've read, the "Enhanced Voice Remote" doesn't support Premiere+.  My original remote model was RC-GR3.

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere+ Remote Replacement

I know the newer premiere + 3921 can used with current Enhanced voice remote with headphone jack, if yours came headphone remote it will probably. You could go for the Roku3 Gaming remote it also has headphone jack but no tv controls like the Enhanced voice does. So the two $29.99 remotes have headphone jacks:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jodac40
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere+ Remote Replacement

I don't have an answer, and I find Roku's support is extremely poor. I, too, need a replacement remote for the 4630x.  My current remote only works when it feels like it. It will frequently quit working altogether, but when I switch the batteries it comes back to life (until the next time).The remote I have is RC-GR3. 

I ordered a standard (which was SUPPOSED to work with ALL units) but it will not connect. I tried to explained this to support - and very promptly received a SECOND remote just like the first one. Now I have TWO remotes that will not work. But, they instructed me now to set it up (insert batteries and it will connect). It does not. Also they consider my 'case' to be satisfactorily resolved. 

I have searched the site and cannot find any helpful information except that if your model number is not mentioned in the description of a replacement remote, it will not work. Duh.

I used to think Roku an excellent produce/company, but if I have to replace this unit it will NOT be with another Roku.

0 Kudos