Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hogfan2502
Level 7

Roku Premier+ and Roku Enhanced Voice Remote?

I'm wanting to upgrade my current remote to the Roku Enhanced Voice Remote because it has the Voice control, custom buttons, and headphone jack. I have the Roku Premier Plus, but it is not listed as a compatible remote. I've read though some people say it does work with the Roku Premier Plus so I'm conflicted on whether or not it will work or not. My Roku Premier Plus remote that came with it does have a headphone jack, but no custom buttons and no voice controls. Any feedback would be much appreciated and hope all is well to everyone! Thanks

6 REPLIES 6\
chachee
Level 7

Re: Roku Premier+ and Roku Enhanced Voice Remote?

I have a premiere+ 4630X. It works, I got one from amazon.... model rc-al7 inside the battery cover. My new voice remote does not... have a headphone jack. My premiere+ also worked fine with the enhanced voice remote that came with an Ultra LT. Either one will work. 

mschneidernyc
Level 7

Good to hear, thank you chachee. I also have the 4630x Premiere+ player. And I'm about to buy the Enhanced Voice Remote because I want the headphone jack and my existing remote stopped working (from being dropped 10,000 times). 

Hope it works too! Thanks for the notes. 

0 Kudos
wittywhit211
Level 7

I could not find the remote to purchase on Amazon only here. Do you have a link to the product you purchased?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

He said the remote he bought on amazon DID NOT have a headphone jack, mentioned the model number too rc-al7r, no headphone jack. You can not buy a headphone jack remote on amazon, new that is. Someone might sell one used. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mschneidernyc
Level 7

I recently bought the Roku "Enhanced Voice Remote" device directly off the Roku website. It was a bit of a roll of the dice as I have the Premiere+ player and that player is not listed as a supported device for that particular remote. But I really wanted the headphone jack, so I took the $29.99 risk. 

Fortunately it does work and seems to work 100% i.e. no missing functions, when used with the Premiere+ player. 

Only catch is the $29.99 price. But it works. 

bdrums
Level 7

There's also a Roku remote app that has voice and is able to do everything the included remotes can do. Plus, using your phone's headphone jack, it actually covers everything the best Roku remotes offer. (... and it's FREE!) 

I almost forgot, with the remote app you can watch (some) Roku content on your mobile device, too.

0 Kudos