Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tehal33
Level 7

Roku Premier+ Private Listening Remote no audio (supported audio formats?)

I am doing directplay from my plex. The media plays no problem when viewed directly on TV. The problem is with Private listening with headphones on Roku remote. The problem is with THIS media only (and some others like it but not all) Notwith everything. Connected via ethernet port

media properties:
video stream: HEVC 10bit with HDR
Subtitle: SRT
Audio: 3 available (AAC 2 ch, Truehd 7.1, AC3 5.1)

I've tried changing the Audio stream to all 3 but none work on the Private Listening.
Whereas few other Media with similar streams works with Private LIstening

Appreciate any help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Roku Premier+ Private Listening Remote no audio (supported audio formats?)

I would think AAC would work. The Surround Sound tracks would not with direct play (Roku does not have a built-in decoder for surround sound). Try turning on transcoding and see what format it outputs at.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
tehal33
Level 7

Re: Roku Premier+ Private Listening Remote no audio (supported audio formats?)

After I turned off "force direct play", Plex still decided to do directplay. Then I turned off allow directplay (force encoding). This time The video HDR was turned off by encoding and the audio worked on private listening and encoding was E-AC3.  I will try encoding that into the container and see if it works.
0 Kudos