Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul4226
Level 7

Roku Premier IR receiver not working properly

So I received my 3rd Roku Premier today and it appears as though the IR receiver on the main unit is not working properly. Since this is my 3rd one I have done this before, very recently. When using the IR remote it doesn't respond quickly at times and other times it is scrolling out of control. I moved the base in multiple locations around the TV and it is still not working properly. If I use one of my older Roku Premier IR remotes I get the same issues. The new remote is working properly with my slightly older Roku Premiers. I have removed all of the clear packaging from infront of the base unit and remote. I am successfully using the remote app on my Iphone. I simply believe I received a defective base unit with a defective IR receiver. Looking for help out here.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Roku Premier IR receiver not working properly

Try plugging the older roku premieres in this location, see if its the environment that's the problem? It could be interference from the tv? Or other remotes in the room. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Paul4226
Level 7

Good Call, this appears to be my problem. My wifi router is in very close proximity to this unit which I'm guessing is likely causing the problem. Other than moving my router do you have any suggestions? I guess I can just use my Iphone remote control app as well.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

See if switching to wifi voice remote and abandoning the IR remote in this location. You can get them at walmart for $19.88, if it doesn't help its easy taking it back. Instead of mail order, and returning it by post office. 

Edmund
0 Kudos