Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Model 3810X Wont Change Volume

I have the roku streaming stick plus and it use to turn the volume up and down but it won't anymore. Yet it will turn my t.v. on. My tv is a Vizio E241i-B1. Doesn't seem that old and not for sure why it won't do anything volume related anymore. My software for the roku is up to date with version 11.0. I'm at a loss. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
prasanth
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Model 3810X Wont Change Volume

• You can set it up by visiting Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control.
  • During the remote setup, your Roku device will attempt to automatically detect the brand of your TV (over the HDMI connection) and program your Roku voice remote. In cases where the brand cannot be detected automatically, you will be taken through a series of steps to manually enter the brand and help program your remote (see setup section below).
  • When information is gathered via HDMI, often only the brand of the device connected directly to your Roku device can be detected. For this reason, we recommend you always connect your Roku device directly to your TV during setup. If you plan to set up your Roku device for surround sound, temporarily connect your Roku device directly to your TV and complete the setup before making any connections to the AVR or soundbar.
Prasanth
0 Kudos