Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergewich
Level 7

Roku IR remote stopped working

I have a Roku remote control (IR). It worked fine. A few days ago it just stopped working one evening. I changed the batteries and that does not solve the issue. Restarted Roku and the TV and that does not help. The receiver has a small light and seems to work. Anything that can be done? It is only 6 months old. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku IR remote stopped working

Hey @sergewich

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For further assistance, please reply here with the serial number/device ID of the Roku player associated with the affected remote. It can be located at the back or underneath the device itself.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sergewich
Level 7

The SN is: S01V308E0HJU

Model: 3930X

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for your response, @sergewich

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@sergewich wrote:

I have a Roku remote control (IR). It worked fine. A few days ago it just stopped working one evening. I changed the batteries and that does not solve the issue. Restarted Roku and the TV and that does not help. The receiver has a small light and seems to work. Anything that can be done? It is only 6 months old. 

@sergewich wrote:

Model: 3930X

That device does come with the standard IR remote. It should last a lot longer than 6 months. Obviously something is wrong. Roku will likely make it right, but in the meantime, you're without a remote. You can use a mobile device running the Roku app to control your Roku Express, or you can pick up a cheap universal remote from Walmart, Family Dollar, or most any place that sells cheap remotes. Just make sure it says "Roku" in the list of supported devices. You can be up and running again for less than $10.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
sergewich
Level 7

Many thanks DBDukes. I am using my mobile phone now and hope Roku will come up with a solution. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

You can test the remote to see if it's emitting IR by pointing at a cellphone camera and see if see any flashes when pressing a key.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sergewich
Level 7

Thank you. I have tried this now and do not see anything. So I assume it is not working anymore which after 6 months is quite a surprise. 

0 Kudos