Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gloop05
Level 7

Roku IR remote registers arrows clicks as double clicks in Netflix

I have a 2017 Roku Ultra.  My enhanced remote broke and I'm using the official Roku IR remote that I had.  The problem is that when I click an arrow in Netflix, it registers as 2 clicks.  The only solution is touch the arrow very light/quickly to avoid a double click.

Anyway to fix this?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Roku IR remote registers arrows clicks as double clicks in Netflix

"gloop05" wrote:
I have a 2017 Roku Ultra.  My enhanced remote broke and I'm using the official Roku IR remote that I had.  The problem is that when I click an arrow in Netflix, it registers as 2 clicks.  The only solution is touch the arrow very light/quickly to avoid a double click.

Anyway to fix this?

My first thought was that since it's using light -- infrared light, but light nonetheless -- you may be experiencing the light echoing off something else in the room. But, a lighter touch not generating an echo would rule that out. It would indicate that it's actually sending two pulses of light when you press those buttons. Perhaps the remote is defective, or has some dirt in the contacts.

The easiest, but not cheapest, solution may be to get a cheap universal remote. I've seen them for around $5 in stores. Just make sure it says that it supports Roku.

Apart from that, attempting to clean the underside of the button may be your best bet.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gloop05 

@DBDukes observation is a potential scenario that could be occurring. Does this happen inside any other channels? 

Could you please try downloading the free Roku mobile app on your phone, and using the built in remote control function to see if the same issue occurs?

Keep us posted and we'll see what else we can do from there! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
gloop05
Level 7

Hey Tanner, this only happens in Netflix.  All other apps are fine.

The Roku Remote app on  my iPhone works great in Netflix (and everywhere else).  And my Ultra Enhanced remote worked fine (when it was still functional, it broke because of my own clumsiness).

It's only the IR Remote in Netflix itself that is causing problems.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming. 

If you're looking for a replacement physical remote (in favor of using the mobile app), you can pick one up on our accessories page here: https://www.roku.com/accessories
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos