Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dlivezey
Reel Rookie

Roku Express with Harmony Universal Remote

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I just upgraded from an older model to Roku Express, a somewhat forced move due to Amazon prime no longer to be supported on older model. I've been using Logitech harmony universal remote. No problems whatsoever with older Roku.

Didn't notice any problems during setup of new one. All menus, pwd setup, etc worked fine. Upon entering Netflix app, noticed immediate and severe issues with doubled key presses. Meaning press left once, and cursor moves left twice. Left, right, up, down all have same problem. Even when I'm deliberately pressing button as quickly/softly as possible, I'd say it happens over 90% of the time. Very frustrating. My wife will likely just want to throw the thing away. So far I only tried Netflix and prime apps, and it only happens in Netflix app, not prime or general Roku menus.

If I use the remote that came with the new Roku, it happens much less frequently, and not at all with the phone app that I've noticed, but I haven't played around much with either. Neither is an acceptable workaround compared to universal remote that has worked for years.

Again, this was not happening at all with the older Roku in any app with any remote. Very clearly a problem with Netflix app on Roku Express. Is this a known issue that will be fixed soon? If not, I guess I'll have to give up on Roku and return it and get my wife trained on other streaming alternatives, which are plentiful. I've been a fan for many years but not sure we can tolerate this for long.

Please help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra remote doing double click?

Jump to solution

@Dlivezey, you need to go into the Harmony setup and fix it.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/adjusting-a-devices-command-repeats

I have to be honest, blaming Roku because your third party remote doesn't work properly is really unfair.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dlivezey, you need to go into the Harmony setup and fix it.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/adjusting-a-devices-command-repeats

I have to be honest, blaming Roku because your third party remote doesn't work properly is really unfair.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dlivezey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks @renojim I'll take a look. I appreciate what I hope will be a productive suggestion.

While you're being honest and fair, realize how it looked to me. This same remote has worked for years with the prior Roku, the issue only happens now in Netflix app, the issue happens some even with Roku remote, etc.

0 Kudos