Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianSam
Level 7

Roku Express remote not working

My remote for my roku express has partially stopped working, the only buttons that work are the home and up arrow. It is not a battery issue as I have changed them 3 times and it is not a blocked signal issue as there is nothing between the device and remote. I used my camera to check the IR ans it only shows up when using the home key and the up arrow. 

I am currently unable to use my device as I just got new internet and cant set it up to use the app as the remote wont work 

#express #rokurexpressremote

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express remote not working

Its faulty remote, you need to replace it but it doesn't have to be a roku remote, since the express uses a IR remote any cheap universal remote with roku listed will work just fine. And the benefit it will control your tv as well. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express remote not working

@BrianSam 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos