Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Express+ remote draining batteries in a day or less

I bought a Roku Express+ in November 2019. In the past week, I have had to put in new batteries almost every day to get the remote to work.  We have two newer Express+ systems/remotes in the house with no battery problems so far. Is this a problem with the remote?

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku Express+ remote draining batteries in a day or less

You know, a lot of people have been posting about this.

It happened to me once a while back and then stopped inexplicably.

If you type 'Remote batterys drain' in Search above you'll see.

Are you using funky batterys?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Using Duracell batteries - labeled Mar 2028.  Using the same batteries in the other two Roku Express+ remotes in my house - and no problems in those remotes.

Highlighted
Level 17

Bizarre.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rallen 

Thanks for the inquiry.  

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi RokuDanny-R, I'm having the same issue with one of my remotes.  Batteries drain almost immediately.  Just bought for Christmas, and using brand new good quality batteries.  

YJ00G3307809 is the serial number for the device.  

[personal information removed]

Thank you

Sue Cirillo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@cirillos 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same problem with the remote: I have to replace the batteries every week now for Roku to work. Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Nothappyman 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Has anyone EVER received a response from RokuDanny? He responded on this forum and asked for the serial number of my remote and I've responded THREE TIMES and he has yet to respond. My battery drains in less than 48 hours unless I remove the battery every night. I use alkaline batteries. The device worked fine for about (2) years then began draining rapidly within the last few months,