Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgcook10
Reel Rookie

Roku Express remote IR interference with soundbar

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express and a Klipsch Cinema 600 soundbar.  Both the Roku and the soundbar use IR remotes.  The problem relates to overlapping IR signals from each remote.  For example, when I use the Klipsch remote to lower the volume of the subwoofer, the Roku begins rewinding whatever program I'm watching.  I've also noticed that the "Digital" source select button on the on the Klipsch remote will cause a program to fast forward.

I'm afraid there won't be a solution to this (which would be a bummer) unless there's an "alternate" option for the IR signals for either the Roku or soundbar.  Is anyone aware of something like that or anything else that might work?

I'm also planning on asking a similar question to Klipsch customer support.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express remote IR interference with soundbar

Jump to solution

Depending what model of express you have, if its 3700 then your out of luck, any newer model of express you upgrade its remote to WIFI. Then either tape up or bury it out of sight so no IR command can reach it and interfere. Even though its paired to wifi remote it can still accept IR commands. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Depending what model of express you have, if its 3700 then your out of luck, any newer model of express you upgrade its remote to WIFI. Then either tape up or bury it out of sight so no IR command can reach it and interfere. Even though its paired to wifi remote it can still accept IR commands. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
jgcook10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is a Roku 3930x.  It does work with the "remote" through the Roku app, so it sounds like upgrading the remote to a wifi version may solve the problem.  

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

THe cellphone app doesn't use either IR or wifi, it uses IP, the internet. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Big_Cheese

Jump to solution

After searching online for a sensible solution, I just decided to retire both my Sony soundbar remote and my ROKU TV remote. I purchased a GE 6 device Master remote and all is well now. 

0 Kudos