Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluebutterflyz
Level 7

Roku Express is fast forwarding on its own.

I'm using Roku Express. Last night while watching a show it started fast forwarding on its own and wouldn't stop. Even on the menu screen it fast scrolls through the menu on its own periodically stopping and then  rescrolling. I'm not even touching the Roku remote. The remote doesn't respond to any of the buttons. I also tried the app remote and that doesn't stop it either. 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express is fast forwarding on its own.

@bluebutterflyz 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried removing the batteries on your remote to see if that stops the fast forwarding? It's possible that a button on your remote is stuck or jammed causing the issue that you are experiencing. We would also recommend restarting your device to see if that resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bluebutterflyz
Level 7

I tried reinstalling the batteries and a system restart. I tried using the remote in the Roku app and that didn't work either. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bluebutterflyz 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Yalefabi2
Level 7

Hi, my roku express device y also doing the same as her i also have tried all she mentioned and it jeeps fastfowarding in the episodes on the menu ..  

0 Kudos
bluebutterflyz
Level 7

I have started using my old Roku 2 remote and it is not causing any problems with fast forwarding out of control.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Yalefabi2 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hendersonjas1
Level 7

My Roku just started fast forwarding on its own. Unplugged it, changed batteries, tried the app, same results. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@hendersonjas1 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Old_Rose
Level 7

Hi, I am having the same issue as others. My roku fast forwards through shows and now automatically fast forwards through the menu. I’m wondering if it’s age related as I’ve had this for at least five years. 

0 Kudos