Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

@Iamspartacus43

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, please provide the requested information and I'll be able to pass along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
krispyonion
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Model: 4200X - Roku 3
Serial number: 1GH32G003740
Software version: 10.0.0 Build 4209-04
Timestamp: 2021-08-27T05:41:49Z
Issue ID: 40-343-061

Steps to reproduce it: I...use Hulu? (Version 6.48 build 2)

This feels like a brush-off.

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This has nothing to do with the model the serial number, or anything else equipment related that you requested for information.  

I’m seeing several post reporting this occurring on all different models of Roku.  As well as several different apps and as of a few weeks ago it started happening to me out of the blue as well.  

My software on the Roku ultra is fully up to date and my remote is a newer rechargeable one.  My only guess is that Roku changed something in their last system software update that is forcing the apps to close when the back button is hit.  A show will be at the end and I will hit the arrow and it takes me immediately to the home screen unless I have only been in the app for a few minutes then it does what it’s supposed to do and takes me to the app home page.  

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Re: Roku 4630X Hulu Exits After Viewing Show

Jump to solution

Are you Roku employees not capable of reading all post related to an issue?  This issue has been repeated by many people who also provided the requested information you again are asking for and yet not one employee has offered a resolution other than you have passed the information along to someone else.  What good does it do to provide you people with any details when your just going to pass the buck and not return with a resolution.  Please stop wasting people’s time and find a resolution.  This has been going on for 6 months FFS.

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Danny several people have provided the requested information and your team has yet to offer a resolution. STOP wasting people’s time and tell Management to resolve the freaking problem or you will simply lose customers.  I’m capable of affording to move onto Apple TV and I’m sure other people are as well.  This bullsh*t reply over and over isn't solving anything. It’s just pissing people off. 

BackButtonFun
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm going to buy a large Smart TV today and roku's complete failure to fix this problem has definitely caused to shop for a different solution. 

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Don’t blame you a bit. I’m calling Roku on Monday and going to find out why they have done nothing to resolve this issue for people.  If that doesn’t get me any answers I can live with then I’m buying an Apple TV box and going to get rid of my Roku.  I have been a longtime user and subscriber but this kind of failure to resolve a major problem shows a real lack of concern for their customer base.  

krispyonion
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hulu also sometimes pops up the profile selection page without prompting when a program ends.

I don't know if it's a Roku thing or a Hulu thing, and I can't predict it or replicate it (I've tried - it's preferable to this glitch), but I figure that as another thing that should not happen when the program ends, it's worth mentioning on the off-chance it's related and can help narrow down the issue.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@krispyonion

Thanks for the information.

Can you please clarify the steps to reproduce the issue? Are you using the channel and then pressing the back button and are experiencing the crash? 

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

To further investigate the issue, as stated previously, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos