Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dltberry

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

The Roku apps for Hulu and Discovery are horrendous. I have a Roku TV TCL 55S525 . These apps have been screwed up for weeks and Roku doesn't seem to care. I fixed it. I bought an Amazon 4K Firestick and now all is well. I have joined the "Never Roku" club.

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@dltberry wrote:

The Roku apps for Hulu and Discovery are horrendous. I have a Roku TV TCL 55S525 . These apps have been screwed up for weeks and Roku doesn't seem to care. I fixed it. I bought an Amazon 4K Firestick and now all is well. I have joined the "Never Roku" club.

I will be promoting the #NeverRoku on #Twitter. I have already created a #tweet directed at #Roku about it. 

0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, the problem has been fixed, and I would think that most people will not want to waste money on other streaming sticks when their current Roku streaming stick works fine.  I was patient and waited for Roku and Hulu to fix the problem.  It's been fixed, and I didn't waste money on buying three new streaming sticks to replace my current ones.  So, you will be wasting your time promoting the stupid #NeverRoku thing.

0 Kudos
thebrister
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The problem has not been fixed. I have a Roku tv, so I’m feeling pretty effed and like my only option is to replace my entire tv. I have deleted channels and reinstalled; unplugged the television for hours at a time… nothing makes it stop doing the horrid return to Home when I’m just trying to use the “back” button within a channel. Never again will I purchase Roku anything… 

0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It will be fixed for everyone after they all upgrade to the current versions of both Hulu and Roku.  The problem was just fixed recently, so you might have missed that minor detail.  Now you know...

0 Kudos
thebrister
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wrong 

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Wrong again.  My apps are all up to date and so is my Roku player and I have half a dozen streaming apps not just Hulu and while many people think it does it oj Hulu only that’s not correct either it doesn’t it on all of them and guess what?  It’s still doing it.  I’m a tech junky so I’m extremely adept at playing with tech devices.  It’s wonderful that it has been solved for you but it hasn’t been resolved for everyone.  I’ll stick to my Apple TV and leave the Roku TV and Roku Ultra for the kids to play with as they don’t care about the issue but I do.

0 Kudos
NYJack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The problem has been fixed for me. Since the Roku 10.5 update This problem went away, at least so far.  

0 Kudos
thebrister
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The Roku tv doesn’t update to the 10.5. I have tried multiple times…. Unplugging, resetting system, network, literally everything. Maybe a year old? Piece of trash… I knew I should have stuck with Samsung/Amazon, or appletv. Doh! 

0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Have you tried the steps at the following link, if you have a TCL Roku TV?

https://support.tcl.com/rokutv-common-questions/01-how-to-manually-update-the-software-on-your-tcl-r...

Google has many solutions for updating a Roku TV.  The above link is one of them.

0 Kudos