Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebrister
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

Bwahaha. That’s nuts. I’m not purchasing a flash drive and doing all that just to update a tv that should be updating its software as it is. Again, it’s not an old tv, and I have very fast internet; no problems there. I shouldn’t have to go through all of these steps manually; that’s ridiculous. DEFECTIVE. As I said, I will purchase something else; Roku has proven their inability to deliver a quality product and or service. 

0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Too bad you're not tech-savvy or you'd already own a flash drive, which would be much cheaper and quicker than buying a new TV.

0 Kudos
SonOfSocrates
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree. Google and Amazon seem to be more reliable in the service they provide. 

0 Kudos
thebrister
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You’re missing the point. 

0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Actually, I'm not missing the point, but I'm a do-it-yourselfer and tech-savvy, and when something doesn't work, I'll do everything I can to fix it, even if the company (like Roku) takes forever to fix a problem.  If I owned a Roku TV and knew of something that might fix the problem, I'd be sure to give it a try (and continue mumbling about how Roku is taking way too long to fix the problem).

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@deb_ack wrote:

Actually, I'm not missing the point, but I'm a do-it-yourselfer and tech-savvy, and when something doesn't work, I'll do everything I can to fix it, even if the company (like Roku) takes forever to fix a problem.  If I owned a Roku TV and knew of something that might fix the problem, I'd be sure to give it a try (and continue mumbling about how Roku is taking way too long to fix the problem).

I’m way more tech savvy than most and I own several TV’s, Roku players and  numerous other devices.  I also own my own business and manage my own network within my business.

I have mesh systems and VPN security controls.  The problem may be fixed for you on your one device but that doesn’t mean it’s solved for everyone on all devices.  

People who purchase products from a company have every right to expect them to work properly. 

thebrister
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for saying that. 
I don’t consider myself not “techy”, and I know flash drives are inexpensive. However I have a lot of things on my plate in addition to working full time and what little “free time” I have, I like to be able to turn my tv on, and rely on the product I purchased to work; and update correctly; especially given how new it is, and the purchase price. I don’t feel like I should have to purchase more items and jump through these hoops to get something that should be functioning properly, to work again. 

ksgemini
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Maybe the personal insults could be moved to the too angry to agree to disagree thread Wow

deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Your last message is proof that you can't assume anything about anyone.  I have everything you listed, plus more that you didn't list.  lol

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@deb_ack wrote:

Your last message is proof that you can't assume anything about anyone.  I have everything you listed, plus more that you didn't list.  lol

Sure you do Deb... Tell yourself whatever you need to justify trolling people on a forum all day long.  I have forgotten more than you will ever know.  I’m not assuming anything but you have been all day long on this forum running it and assuming that what solved your problem will work for everyone and can’t just recognize that you don’t own every product Roku makes and because it worked on your one device doesn’t mean it will work on all of them. My systems all update automatically and I have multiple rokus computers and Apple devices a Roku TV for just one of my boys and I did the smart thing and bought an Apple TV.  My pro omen was solved a few months ago. I’m all set wasting time with a troll who thinks she has the solution for all. Bye bye.