Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Re: Roku 4630X Hulu Exits After Viewing Show

Jump to solution

@NYJack wrote:

Have you been able to update your Roku to 10.5? I did for my Roku TV but none of my other Rokus will update (says all up to date when attempting update from 10.0). I don’t understand why none of my other Rokus update including a Roku Stream Bar. 

I have not tried to update any of mine as I switched to Apple TV but the only suggestion I can think of is to unplug it for 15 minutes and plug it back in and attempt to check for updates when it comes back on line.  

0 Kudos
NYJack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

What will the 15 minutes do that, say, 30 seconds won’t?

BTW, I was all ready to switch to Amazon Fire TV when I tried this apparent fix which, so far, seems to be working. I’m not ready, yet, to return the Fire TV, though, just yet. 

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It was just an arbitrary number of minutes.  Some equipment takes longer to reset.  Someone posted the other day they put there’s in the closet unplugged for a few days plugged it in and the update was showing as available.  

0 Kudos
NYJack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Funny - maybe some garlic will help? 😏

0 Kudos
fbs77777
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information. 

As far as self-care, maybe we need to form a support group.....  I know I was quite distressed "losing" my place.

0 Kudos
jrshew26ab

Jump to solution

Same thing just started happening with my Roku that I've been using for years. It is getting pretty annoying to be returned to the main Roku screen everytime I need to go back in Hulu.

lbooth68

Do I need to buy a new one

Jump to solution

Our back button started going out to the home page instead of just going back. Now when using Hulu live it goes back to home page after each show ends. Any suggestions? We've done a reset via settings and unplugging the device. Everything is updated.

0 Kudos
SF3
Reel Rookie

Re: Do I need to buy a new one

Jump to solution

Same problem here with hulu totally aggravated. Please fix this issue!

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Do I need to buy a new one

Jump to solution

Hulu needs to fix, it is their channel software. Complain to them.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
thebrister
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I do have the same problem, all the time. It’s SO ANNOYING.