Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uncommonmartian
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

@fbs77777 wrote:

To Roku:  this is not about a particular model of roku, nor is it about the remotes. There are too many posts from too many users. This is a roku problem.

Is roku adverse to watching Hulu?

I am tired of companies manipulating technology to steer us this way and that. It has only happened with Hulu and I only use my roku.

Roku, this is on you

Thing is that some ppl are having it only do it on the Hulu app where others (like me) have it happen on different apps too.

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@fbs77777 wrote:

To Roku:  this is not about a particular model of roku, nor is it about the remotes. There are too many posts from too many users. This is a roku problem.

Is roku adverse to watching Hulu?

I am tired of companies manipulating technology to steer us this way and that. It has only happened with Hulu and I only use my roku.

Roku, this is on you

I’m one of those that had it on all apps.  The issue has been resolved for me by replacing Roku with an Apple TV.  

Don’t worry though RokuDanny will come around requesting a bunch of useless information to submit to their worthless team that never comes back with a solution.

0 Kudos
deej1914
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For me, every time I watch YouTube TV and pause it for even just a couple of minutes then hit the play button or the back button either one and it goes back to the main screen of Roku. For me it has nothing to do with Hulu. 

magomes24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D i do not see a previous post from you. What information do you require? 

0 Kudos
magomes24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update. The channel removal and restart then adding the channel again isn't a permanent solution. Still having Hulu exit to the main home screen when I hit back and sometimes when an episode is done playing (autoplay is off)

0 Kudos
krispyonion
Streaming Star

Re: Roku 4630X Hulu Exits After Viewing Show

Jump to solution

I don't want to jinx it, but if anyone is subscribed and waiting for a fix, the back arrow is behaving as it should be again for me since updating the Roku (under Settings/System/System Update) to version 10.5 a day or two ago.

(I did also leave it unplugged in a bag for several hours over the weekend while muttering vague threats to replace it within earshot, but that's more self-care.)

Uncommonmartian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@krispyonion wrote:

I don't want to jinx it, but if anyone is subscribed and waiting for a fix, the back arrow is behaving as it should be again for me since updating the Roku (under Settings/System/System Update) to version 10.5 a day or two ago.

(I did also leave it unplugged in a bag for several hours over the weekend while muttering vague threats to replace it within earshot, but that's more self-care.)

LMAO that last one is more along my type of fix. Thnx 👍.

deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The other day, my back button worked like it should one time, but the day after, it went to the Roku main menu.  So, I don't think it's fixed yet.

0 Kudos
NYJack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Have you been able to update your Roku to 10.5? I did for my Roku TV but none of my other Rokus will update (says all up to date when attempting update from 10.0). I don’t understand why none of my other Rokus update including a Roku Stream Bar. 

0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My current Roku version is 10.0 (checked late yesterday), so I'm hoping 10.5 will be available soon for everyone.   I have a 3600 streaming stick.

0 Kudos