Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SGL59
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 4630X Hulu Exits After Viewing Show

Jump to solution

Does anybody from Roku actually reads these posts?

I find it hard to believe that nobody has the same problem that I described.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SGL59 @Lumonia

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

HiSense Roku TV back button returns to Home

Jump to solution

I see many others are experiencing this annoyance; what I'd like to see is a solution. I'm having to stream HULU on my chrome cast device to avoid this issue.

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues on my new Roku TV - TCL 55" 5 Series (55S535).

Pressing the Back button while streaming a show/movie on Hulu takes me back to Roku home screen, instead of back to the Hulu main screen. Also, having the issue with the sound where some TV episodes randomly play w/o sound. To fix it, I usually just fast-forward for 5-10 seconds and then press play and that gets the sound working again.

Also, I've noticed a similar issue on the Netflix app as well, where movies/shows will randomly start playing with subtitles and no sound, even though the Subtitles option is turned off. The same fix for Hulu (fast forwarding) usually fixes the Netflix issue as well.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @thebluedevil

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Z-Ruko
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue. Got the Roku Streambar which is fantastic one speaker is a little fuzzy but other then that it works great except for this issue which happens a lot. I switch between HBO max Netflix hulu amazon prime and Disney plus and it happens in all of them randomly. Is there a solution to this I feel like an update to the remotes and systems would be needed.

magomes24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Happening to me as well. I have a Roku Ultra, and an old Roku 3, but it only occurs with the Ultra. Reply to hopefully boost this thread and find a solution, as this is SUPER annoying. 

Sometimes it will exit to Home when I click back, and sometimes it goes to the previous screen or top of show screen (as I intend to happen when I push the "back" button) 

I thought my remote was defective, as it had been dropped quite a few times; so I bought a replacement remote and I am having the same issue, and I think it is more frequent now. 

So frustrating!! 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @magomes24 @Z-Ruko

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For further investigation, can you provide the information I asked for in my previous post above? 

We'll be able to assist you once we have further details of your concern.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
badtothebohn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, not just me then!

The back button sending me to the home screen was bad enough, but every time I watched Community (but oddly enough not other shows like futurama or Brooklyn 99), after the NBC chime, the sound would be gone until I jumped back 15 seconds.

badtothebohn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

-Roku device model: 4630X - roku premiere+
-serial number:YR00D2751933
-device ID: 7KA6AD751933
-software OS/version: 10.0.0; build 4209-29
-does this issue occur on a specific channel?: Yes, solely on Hulu (version 6.43, build 2).
-tracker ID when this issue occurs: 33-257-489
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: pressing the back button to go to the previous screen sends me to the Home Screen instead of a previous menu within Hulu. Potentially related is that the last place in the episode being watched is lost, resulting in the episode being marked as watched and the next episode being queued up when you return to the show’s page.