Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beya
Level 7

Roku Express Remote not working

Okay, so I just bought a Roku Express, NOT the Roku Express 4k+. And it was working just fine in the beginning. I was in the process of setting it up and all of a sudden the remote just stopped working. I’ve tried changing out the batteries, reseting the roku, pretty much everything the internet has offered me. Im not sure what to do at this point Smiley Sad some guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Remote not working

Express come with IR remote, check to see if its emitting a signal by pointing at your cellphone camera, if you see it flash its working, if nothing then its bad remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Remote not working

Also make sure the front of the Express is visible and facing out into the room.  Be sure there is nothing in front of the Express blocking the signal from the remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos