Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff47407
Level 8

Roku Express Remote Turns my Philips blu-ray player on

Just purchased a Roku Express and it's working fine, except that whenever I push a button on the Roku remote, it turns on my Philips Blu-ray player - very annoying.  Anyone else have this problem and is there a solution (other than shielding the remote so the blu-ray player can't see the IR beam)?

6 REPLIES 6\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Remote Turns my Philips blu-ray player on

I own a Philips Blu-ray 4k player and have had Philips DVD region-free player for 10 years and all that time having Roku control but a universal remote without any conflict at all. So I don't think it's an IR problem.

Try the following in the Roku settings> system> control other devices> uncheck 1- touch play box.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jeff47407
Level 8

Thanks for the suggestion but when I shield the blu-ray's IR sensor, I have no issues.  I tried the suggestion you offered in the remote settings and it made no difference.  I guess I'll just have to live with it.  Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If you have a newer express, one other 3700 you could get a wifi remote for it and abandon the IR remote. Check amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_41?_encoding=UTF8&psc...

Or go to Walmart or Best buy for the same Voice remote, its probably $10 more at Best buy. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jeff47407
Level 8

Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind, but the IR issue isn't that big of a deal.

0 Kudos
chesirecat
Level 7

We have a brand new LG Blueray player and our Roku remote does the same thing!  We thought it was the last Blueray player we had so we just went and purchased a new one. Same thing!  It is very annoying

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@chesirecat

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that your external players use an IR remote sensor as well and that is what is interacting with your Roku remote.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos