Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express Remote Turns my Philips blu-ray player on

Just purchased a Roku Express and it's working fine, except that whenever I push a button on the Roku remote, it turns on my Philips Blu-ray player - very annoying.  Anyone else have this problem and is there a solution (other than shielding the remote so the blu-ray player can't see the IR beam)?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Express Remote Turns my Philips blu-ray player on

I own a Philips Blu-ray 4k player and have had Philips DVD region-free player for 10 years and all that time having Roku control but a universal remote without any conflict at all. So I don't think it's an IR problem.

Try the following in the Roku settings> system> control other devices> uncheck 1- touch play box.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion but when I shield the blu-ray's IR sensor, I have no issues.  I tried the suggestion you offered in the remote settings and it made no difference.  I guess I'll just have to live with it.  Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

If you have a newer express, one other 3700 you could get a wifi remote for it and abandon the IR remote. Check amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_41?_encoding=UTF8&psc...

Or go to Walmart or Best buy for the same Voice remote, its probably $10 more at Best buy. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind, but the IR issue isn't that big of a deal.

0 Kudos