Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PattyE
Level 7

Roku Express Remote Not Working

My Roku Express remote is not working at all. First, I could not even get to the Home page when I switched my input to "Other" in order to get the Home page of streaming on Roku. Unplugged it and plugged back in and the Home page comes up. But the remote does not arrow in any direction. I have already checked batteries, changed batteries with fresh ones that worked in other devices. Still not working. One of the videos said to press the "Pairing" button on the remote. I do not even have a Pairing button on my remote! What to do? Can anyone help? Customer support is not available. Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Remote Not Working

Pairing is only for Roku units that use remotes that connect via point anywhere WiFi-remote remote controls.  Your Express uses a remote that controls via line-of-sight infrared (IR). 

Make sure your Express is located where the remote can send its signal straight to the front of the Express.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express Remote Not Working

@PattyE 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos