Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmanssa

Roku Express Mini USB Replacement

Jump to solution

I need to replace the mini USB power cord.  I was looking on Amazon but was confused by the wide selection.  What specs should I consider?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express Mini USB Replacement

Jump to solution

@Gmanssa 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can find more information and replacement accessories for Roku devices on our Support page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you're looking for a mini usb thats probably where you're having trouble, the correct term is micro-usb. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Gmanssa 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can find more information and replacement accessories for Roku devices on our Support page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Gmanssa wrote:

I need to replace the mini USB power cord.  I was looking on Amazon but was confused by the wide selection.  What specs should I consider?

There's nothing all that special about a Roku USB cable.  As long as it has a USB A connecter at one end and a USB mini at the other it should be fine.  This is just used for power, not data, so data ratings are not important here.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

If you're looking for a mini usb thats probably where you're having trouble, the correct term is micro-usb. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Good catch, missed that.

The one place you need a USB with a mini connection is if you have a Streaming Stick+.  It has an enhanced wifi receiver that they've located outside the stick into the USB power cord.  This cord connects to the stick via a less common mini connector instead of a micro connector to prevent you from connecting a plain old USB micro cable.  If you have a Streaming Stick+ and do use a plain mini USB cord you'll not be able to connect to your wifi.

For this you need the "USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver* found on this page:. https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick.  You can also find it on Amazon and other sources.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Clandry

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a Roku express ( purchased 7/20 @ Walmart) that needs replacing because the one end of the mini usb was severed., I still have my receipt but Walmart told me I needed to contact Roku RE: replacement. Please help @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Clandry

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos